Monday, December 10, 2007

I'm IN

External Wall Maintenance in Progress

Flying into LAX from HKG on United is like eating an appetizer at Urasawa, then driving to McDonald's for your main course and dessert. I took the $4 LAX Flyaway Bus to Union Station and walked home, dragging my bag behind me. I know it sounds arduous, but it was actually the most pleasant leg of my journey, after leaving Hong Kong. According to my new Baume & Mercier chronograph watch -- thank you Uncle Anthony -- it took me 32 minutes and 23 seconds to reach the door to my loft, and the morning weather was gorgeous. I stayed awake until about 3pm, and slept until about 4:00 this morning. I breakfasted early at The Pantry on Figueroa and watched the sun rise over downtown. In the coming days I'll be uploading photos and embroidering them with some blog entries.

The above pic was taken from our room on the 54th floor of the Conrad International in Admiralty.

No comments: