Wednesday, September 20, 2006

So, desu ne...

I've finally completed the traditional post-holiday task of uploading my photos to the internet, and now I humbly offer them up to the world. This time, however, I offer a choice of two different sites:


BUZZNET -- my time-honored and well established memory repository, with the ability to see the highest image resolution right next to the thumbnails


FLICKR -- the new and exciting challenger, with slideshow capability and a faster load time

The same photos are on both websites and they each have their pros and cons. I've been using Buzznet for years now and have almost 1,000 photos of trips around the world archived there. It has a vibrant but sometimes slow interface and a great user community. Flickr is clean and easier to navigate, but the interface seems a bit sterile to me. The advantage is that the thumbnails are much bigger than on Buzznet, and they include a small view of the title and description (on Buzznet the accompanying text is viewable only when looking at the image itself). The disadvantage is that to see the high resolution image that I uploaded, you have to click on the photo from the gallery, and then click AGAIN on "sizes". Seems counterintuitive to me, and on Buzznet the high resolution image is the only one available. Regardless, I hope you enjoy the snapshots on either site and if you feel so inclined, let me know which interface you prefer in this highstakes bout of photo-sharing communities.

No comments: