Thursday, September 14, 2006

"...Cops Are Actors, but Body Is Real"

For the past few days I've been trying to get over my lingering Japanese jetlag and catch back up with good friends. I've mostly succeeded in the latter, but as for the former -- it's currently 4:21am and I'm up typing this twaddle. Most of you who know me are aware that I live on the 4th floor of the Pacific Electric Building in downtown L.A.



Nice place, most of the time. Today I came home in the mid-afternoon, got my mail, and walked into one of the lobby elevators with Gary Sinise, sporting a badge. A lot of filming goes on in our building, and for the last couple days it's been a big crew from CSI: NY, shooting on our 7th floor and up by the rooftop pool. Yesterday I was also in the lobby around midday, and came across a bunch of what I initially thought were extras for the shoot: "cops" standing around chatting. I realized they were authentic, however, when I saw that one of their badges read "L.A.P.D.", not "N.Y.P.D.", like Sinise's. As it turns out, they were here for a very macabre reason: a quite dead body was discovered one floor above me. (Isn't that cute how the LA Times article lists the story under Entertainment News?) You'd think that after one or two months of not paying rent the management would try entering the apartment, but you'd be wrong. I haven't seen it yet, but according to my building's online blog, the coroner's sticker is on loft #538.

No comments: