Sunday, April 17, 2005

Envy

Not really, no. I realize that I'm very fortunate and for that I'm thankful. I get to freelance in a non-corporate industry and occasionally take time off to smell the roses, as well as the lotus and cherry blossoms. I'm lucky enough to exist in this most fascinating of eras, when for the first time some of us can travel to the other side of the globe, across the wide oceans and vast deserts. I have the power to change my horizons as well as my perspectives. I have the leisure time to examine some of the important questions that our species has always pondered. In some cases, for the first time in history, the answers to those questions are within reach. For example, we believe with some assurance that everyone on earth is descended from a common male ancestor who lived in Africa approximately 60,000 years ago. But what happened after that? I just ordered a Public Participation Kit from the Genographic Project, a joint scientific venture by National Geographic and IBM. I'll sample and send in my DNA, eventually learning more about where and when my ancestors migrated and settled around the globe. Filling in some blanks while contributing to cultural preservation efforts and scientific understanding of the human journey. I'll update on buccal swabbing techniques when I receive the kit in the mail.

There is much for which I am exceedingly grateful. But to whom or what do I direct all this gratitude? Some questions just weren't meant to be answered...they can, however, be scored by an internet quiz:

You scored as atheism. You are... an atheist, though you probably
already knew this. Also, you probably have several people praying daily
for your soul.

Instead of simply being "nonreligious," atheists strongly believe in the
lack of existence of a higher being, or God.

atheism

88%

Buddhism

75%

Satanism

71%

Paganism

67%

Islam

54%

Judaism

42%

agnosticism

38%

Christianity

33%

Hinduism

13%

Which religion is the right one for you? (new version)
created with QuizFarm.com

1 comment:

dvl said...

ooh... i already did this test courtesy of darling maggot... according to the results, despite my catholic upbringing i hold true to my name and am a satanist. >:]

Satanism 63%
Buddhism 58%
Islam 50%
Judaism 46%
agnosticism 42%
Paganism 38%
Hinduism 33%
atheism 33%
Christianity 29%