Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Special Ops Cody held for ransom

The war in Iraq has taken a tragic turn. (I avoid the term 'insurgency' because, with this latest development, the situation has clearly escalated.) Iraqi guerrillas have kidnapped an action figure named Special Ops Cody and are holding him hostage. If U.S. forces do not release Iraqi prisoners, the kidnappers threaten to break off Cody's plastic head.

You think I'm joking don't you? Would that I were. Look at the photo posted on the website of the Al Mujahedeen Brigade.


(CNN has archived the original photo; this copy is from DigitalMonkeyBox.com)

They're threatening him with his own plastic gun.

The full story is on CNN. Yes, CNN.

So what's the deal behind this latest madness? Do the Iraqis have fucking Destro on their team now? And where the hell is G.I. Joe when we need him? Knowing is half the battle, my ass. Somebody needs to save Cody.

No comments: