Sunday, September 28, 2008

Taronga, Kirrawee, Illawarra, Woolloomooloo

Ho hum, another brilliant day in Sydney. What's uncommon about this one is that I don't have to work. I hopped a bus to the Apple Store this morning and uploaded some photos from last Sunday's visit to Taronga. The koalas, wombats, wallabies, and platypus were all pretty cool, but my favorite encounter of the day may have been with the emu -- mainly because I got to walk right up to the Brobdingnagian beast with no barrier separating us.

Close up emu
Dinosaur feet

Click here to view the thumbnail shots of the zoo (they're the ones with the animals), or else clicking on the above photos will take you directly to their individual pages.

After some morning internet activity I yum cha'd at Marigold in Chinatown with some of the Animal crew, and I'm now riding a train to Kirrawee on the Illawarra line to Cronulla. We just pulled out of Wolli Creek station. Does this sound like foolish baby talk? OF COURSE. But I'm starting to get used to it.

Just call me a drongo if I ever say I want to watch some footy while drinking a cuppa for brekkie.

No comments: