Monday, September 05, 2005

Double your money

Last week I returned from a trip to Burgundy. If you're interested in images, check out my France 2005 gallery on Buzznet. It was a fantastic trip – I only wish that I could roll around in my nostalgia unimpeded. My mind dwells on the southern U.S.

While I was talking with my mom during a layover in Boston, my eye strayed to the TV set at the gate, tuned to CNN. I initially thought I was viewing footage from last December's tsunami, but Mom quickly filled me in. That was on Wednesday, August 31. I've spent the last four days in a high dudgeon. The more I learn about events that transpired post-Katrina, the more furious I become. More on that later. I'm through with feeling powerless to help, though. I just returned from Whole Foods Market, which doubled my donation to the Red Cross for Katrina victims. If you don't have one in your area, you can call the American Red Cross directly at 1-800-HELP-NOW or give through their website. They also accept donations of stock, airline miles, and even spare change via Coinstar machines.

Right now I'm off to give some blood, but I promise a rant later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

New chief at medical clinic
St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands is a piece of paradise in the Caribbean. NewsofStJohn.com reports news and information about this special place.
Look at my site please - programy - there are many stuff about programy !!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god. What a bunch of leeches. These people just google disaster and then slither out from under the woodwork. This is my first visit here in a while. Forgot you were in Europa - with another trip coming up? Sounds like paradise - off to see the photos now.