Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Send help

No, I'm not M.I.A.

I'm a P.O.W. I'm in the Guantanamo Bay of VFX Studios -- no contact with the outside world allowed. My desk faces the wall in a huge room and there are a bunch of other people behind me. With my headphones on all day it's easy for supervisors, interrogators, etc., to sneak up behind me and ask me what I'm doing...thus, no internet time. I work from 8:30 to 18:30, which may not seem like a lot, but after my sojourn in the free world when I was accustomed to waking up at the crack of noon every day, it's torturous. And after pushing pixels for 9 hours the last thing I want to do when I get home is plug in the laptop. I just want to sit here and take in the smell of cat piss. But that's a story for another day. Because holy christ it's 12:23 -- past lights out! I'll get 3 days in solitary if I'm caught up this late.

No comments: